The 49 Fund: Now Accepting 2018 Scholarship Applications
Together We Learn
The 49 Fund is now accepting 2018 applications for its scholarship program! This fund was set up as a continuing effort to honor those lost at Pulse, awarding up to 10 local LGBT students with $4,900 each for college tuition costs.
Please share this information with any student who may qualify and/or other organizations that may have contact with potential applicants. Below are the eligibility requirements as well as instructions on how a student can apply for this great opportunity. Please share these instructions to eligible candidates. The deadline for applications is March 21, 2018.
The 49 Fund: How to Apply
Want to know if you are eligible? Here’s what The 49 Fund is looking for:
- Applicant must be “out” as a person who self identifies as a member of the LGBT community
- Applicant must attend or plan on attending an accredited two or four year college or university to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree; technical colleges are not eligible institutions
- Applicant must be or plan to be enrolled at least part-time in college courses as defined as being enrolled in at least nine (9) credit hours
- Applicants must show academic success as demonstrated by a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Applicant must demonstrate a proven and significant impact in their community as defined by applicant’s ability to communicate in writing their leadership skills and support of and contribution to the LGBT community
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need
To apply, students should follow these steps:
- Go to MyScholarship or visit www.the49fund.org and click ‘Apply Now’
- Click “Create New Account” and follow the instructions
- Once logged into MyScholarship, type “49FUND18” in the box labeled “Access Code” to the right
- Click “Enter Code”
- Review the information on the Application Page
- Click “Apply”
- Complete all required fields and click on “Submit Application” when done
- The Information and Criteria Sheet which provides more details about how students can apply as well as more information about The 49 Fund at Central Florida Foundation. Please share the Information and Criteria Sheet with qualified candidates.